Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Fellow Book Geeks


Ten Characters Who Are Fellow Book Nerds Geeks

I prefer the word geek. There IS a difference!

Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) 
Anne will always be #1

19063 
Liesel Meminger will always be a very very close #2. Anne and Liesel have forever stolen my heart as kindred spirits.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) 
I will be surprised if someone doesn't have Hermione on their list today!

5303373
I love how Kyra finds solace and escape from the bookmobile.

11178225
I love Josie! She is a book lover AND works in a bookstore. This bookstore saved her!

39988 
Matilda was such an inspiration when I was kid.

17286849
Cath not only loves to read, but she writes fanfiction of her favorite series!

16034235
Celaena is a kick butt, amazing, wild chick, and she loves to read!

I know these are movie characters and not literature characters, but I have to spotlight them anyway! Today's prompt only says "Ten Characters" so I think it is legit.


Belle is my favorite Disney princess!! Everyone knows she fell in love with the beast because he gave her a freakin' awesome library!

childhood reading
You've Got Mail is one of the few chick flicks I love, and I adore Meg Ryan's character, Kathleen Kelly. Books are a part of who she is, and she has so much love for her bookstore.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sad that I forgot to add Liesel to my list this week--<3 her and The Book Thief! Great list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you're totally right about Hermione - I'll be surprised if I see any lists without her included as well. I love that Celaena has been on so many lists as well. I love that she's bookish because you'd never suspect it from the outside. You'd think of Dorian as being bookish, but I love that Celaena loves books as much as wielding a sword. Yay for multidimensional characters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of Out of the Easy before today, but i think i will have to look into that book and see where i can get my hands on it, because it sounds interesting.
    I think i should also get my hands on Anne of Green Gables, since that seems to be a book that most people read as children and i did not grow up with.
    And you are completely right about Hermione. But she is just one of those characters that come to mind more or less right away when someone talks about booklovers, isn't she?
    Fantastic list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember these kinds of traits about characters. I couldn't think of anyone except Hermione, Liesel, and Hans. You have a great list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful list! We have a few of the same. Also, You've Got Mail is my favorite movie! Love Meg Ryan.
    My list: http://jmillwanders.com/2015/07/29/top-ten-tuesday-book-nerd-characters/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list :)
    And yes, no Hermione on my list. I like her a lot, but not as much as I like the decidedly not-bookish Fred and George. However, I spent a long time debating Anne Shirley, Matilda, and Jo March.
    And Belle-one of the most iconic bookish characters. That library scene is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Anne will always be #1" Yesss :)

    ReplyDelete