Monday, February 6, 2017

Air Keep

16219730Goodreads Synopsis:    It’s been six months since Marcus and Kyja obtained the help of the land and water elementals, but before they can secure the help from the mysterious air elementals, the two friends must first be reunited. A task easier said than done.

Master Therapass is worried that trying to pull Marcus to Farworld would put him in danger of the shadow realm, but if Marcus stays on Earth, he’ll be sent back to the Philo T. Justice School for Boys instead of being able to stay on the protected grounds of the monastery. 

While attempting to return to Farworld, Marcus finds himself in the Abyss of Time, facing four doors: the Is, the Was, the Will Be, and the Never Was. What he learns in that dangerous place has the potential to change his life—and Kyja’s. But does he have the courage to tell her what he learned?

And in Farworld, a drought, floods, and blizzards have seized the land, hinting that perhaps there is a traitor in the elementals’ midst. The Dark Circle is growing in power, and as Marcus and Kyja desperately search for the air elementals, they must first answer the question “Is there anyone we can trust?”

My Thoughts:

-    I finally read this!! Hooray! It has been sitting in my own-but-haven't-read pile on my nightstand for a long time! 

-    The story was a bit slow for a lot of parts, and I thought this was going to be my least favorite book of the series for sure, but the ending all came together, and I really enjoyed the book as a whole.

-    Marcus was a little annoying at times. I'm still waiting for him to grow and develop into the big hero that Farworld needs.

-    I like Mr. Z a lot. He is a very fun character. 

-    The ending was very captivating. I didn't want to quit reading. That hasn't happened to me for a while, so I'm excited that I found a book that kept me riveted. 

-    I wish the elementals played larger role in the story. I think that will happen in the next book. At least I'm hoping to see all the elementals get together and do something amazing.

Previous Farworld Books
(click on the covers to see my thoughts)
3223890 6553209

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying these. There's so many books I want to read and so many of them are Utah author books. One of these days.

    ReplyDelete