Four mythical Elementals — Water, Land, Air, and Fire — have the power to save two worlds, Earth and Farworld, from a common enemy: the Dark Circle. In book one, Water Keep, a portal has been opened between the two worlds, allowing Marcus, from Earth, and Kyja, from Farworld, to combine their unique gifts and begin their epic quest to find the Elementals.
In book two, Land Keep, Marcus and Kyja travel with Cascade, a Water Elemental, toward Land Keep, the home of the powerful and wise Land Elementals. However, their journey may end before it even begins. Land Keep is empty, deserted for at least a thousand years, and the rumor is that the creatures who once controlled all land magic are extinct. Marcus and Kyja's only hope seems to lie in finding the Augur Well, a legendary Oracle protected by subtle traps and mind-bending trials. To succeed in their quest, Marcus and Kyja must also avoid the Keepers of the Balance, an order dedicated to redistributing magic to the rich and powerful. And they must travel far underground, where Cascade is unable to follow and where they will be unable to leap to the safety of Earth.
As the Dark Circle closes around them, Marcus and Kyja are faced with the temptation of what they desire most. Sacrifices must be made, and not everyone will survive unscathed.
- This adventure was even more thrilling than the first book! I really enjoyed this!
- I love the cover! I was a bit confused by it for a while, but after about half way through the book I was like "OH! That's who they are!"
- Mr. Z reminds me of an Ed Wynn character. I kept hearing his lispy voice.
- Some parts of the story were like reading a video game! My hands were itching for a controller! I was like "I could do that!" I think Farworld should be made into an RPG!
- I felt a lot more emotion in this book than the first one! I was excited, sad, apprehensive, angry, and more! I loved it!
- The fight at the end is so epic! I also loved the banter that was going on, so hilarious! The fighting was awesome as well.
- I love the land elementals! They are so cool! I also love how they thrive on knowledge and learning.
- I LOVED the strengths and weaknesses ideas. Strengths can become weaknesses, and weaknesses can be strengths! I love that! I also love the theme of pairs! It takes 2 to get through things. Combining strengths and weaknesses with others can achieve so much! It reminds me of a marriage. I hope to accomplish this kind of thing with my husband.
- The end has a bit of a twist, and I can't wait to get my hands on Air Keep!!
Previous Farworld Book
(click on the cover to see my thoughts)