Thursday, September 28, 2017

Keep Moving

24945333From Goodreads   Beloved Hollywood icon Dick Van Dyke will celebrate his 90th birthday in December 2015. He’s an established legend, having starred in Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and The Dick Van Dyke Show. And yet he’s still keeping himself busy, entertaining America on television, movies, the stage, and social media. Everyone wonders, “How does he do it?” For the first time, Van Dyke shares his secrets and tips on old age: Just keep moving.

In a fun and folksy way of addressing readers, Keep Moving serves as an instruction book on how to embrace old age with a positive attitude. The chapters are filled with exclusive personal anecdotes that explore various themes on aging: how to adapt to the physical and social changes, deal with loss of friends and loved ones, stay current, fall in love again, and “keep moving” every day like there’s no tomorrow.

My Thoughts:

-    I loved this book! Dick Van Dyke's advice and outlook on life is amazing. It is no wonder he is still dancing and singing.

-    I loved the whole idea of not letting the world tell you how old you are. If you feel young, act young. If you don't want to retire, keep working. I hope I keep this advice with me as I get older. I don't ever want to stop moving.

-    I wish all celebrities could be the amazing example that Dick Van Dyke is. I admire him more and more. 

-    I love that Dick Van Dyke practices everything he preaches. He has figured out how to live a fulfilling life, and I'm glad he is sharing his secrets, which really aren't secrets. 

2 comments:

  1. I think the only thing I'm looking forward to getting older is that someday I can retire and just read or relax, lol. Very much the opposite of Mr. DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like another great read. This guy is amazing!

    ReplyDelete