Focused and unassuming fifth generation cider-maker Sanna Lund has one desire: to live a simple, quiet life on her family’s apple orchard in Door County, Wisconsin. Although her business is struggling, Sanna remains fiercely devoted to the orchard, despite her brother’s attempts to convince their aging father to sell the land.
Single dad Isaac Banks has spent years trying to shield his son Sebastian from his troubled mother. Fleeing heartbreak at home, Isaac packed up their lives and the two headed out on an adventure, driving across the country. Chance—or fate—led them straight to Sanna’s orchard.
Isaac’s helping hands are much appreciated at the apple farm, even more when Sanna’s father is injured in an accident. As Sanna’s formerly simple life becomes increasingly complicated, she finds solace in unexpected places—friendship with young Sebastian and something more deliciously complex with Isaac—until an outside threat infiltrates the farm.
From the warm and funny Amy E. Reichert, The Simplicity of Cideris a charming love story with a touch of magic, perfect for fans of Sarah Addison Allen and Gayle Forman.
- I love this new to me author. I have devoured her books, and I wish there was more!
- This is my favorite book from Amy. The story, the characters, the apples, the cider, everything was perfect!
- I loved Sanna's independence and her hard working nature. I loved seeing her soften because of a little boy and his dad.
- I LOVE that the characters from the coconut cake book made an appearance. *sigh*
- I can't put my finger on exactly why I love these books so much. The author is just amazing with people and stories and relationships. Everything just jives together in a way that speaks to me.
- If you need a happy, sappy, fluff book with heart, pick this up!