Friday, September 29, 2017

When

20338342Goodreads Synopsis:    Maddie Fynn is a shy high school junior, cursed with an eerie intuitive ability: she sees a series of unique digits hovering above the foreheads of each person she encounters. Her earliest memories are marked by these numbers, but it takes her father’s premature death for Maddie and her family to realize that these mysterious digits are actually death dates, and just like birthdays, everyone has one.

Forced by her alcoholic mother to use her ability to make extra money, Maddie identifies the quickly approaching death date of one client's young son, but because her ability only allows her to see the when and not the how, she’s unable to offer any more insight. When the boy goes missing on that exact date, law enforcement turns to Maddie.

Soon, Maddie is entangled in a homicide investigation, and more young people disappear and are later found murdered. A suspect for the investigation, a target for the murderer, and attracting the attentions of a mysterious young admirer who may be connected to it all, Maddie's whole existence is about to be turned upside down. Can she right things before it's too late?

My Thoughts:

-    Wow! This was really good! I didn't expect this to be a mystery thriller type book. It was fun!

-    I loved Maddie. Her insecurities and fears made her so relatable. I felt so sorry for her and her situation. 

-    Maddie's mom needed major help, and I'm sad that it took so long for her to get some. It is too bad that so many people are in the same boat.

-    While reading this, I discovered something about myself. It was a pretty big moment for me, and I cried. I can't remember a book that has had the same effect on me. 

-    I couldn't read this book fast enough. I didn't know what was going to happen next, and I didn't know who to trust.

-    There were a couple of eerie moments, and I would suggest this for older teens to adults. Great read though! 

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you liked it THIS much. I'm going to have to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love this! I almost want to go back and give it 5 stars instead of 4.5.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to have to check this one out. It sounds like something I might like. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked it so much! I liked it for all the same reasons you did. I wish more people knew about this one, it's such a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really great! Wonderful review. I'm going to go find a copy...

    ReplyDelete