Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Anne of Green Gables Read Along: Discussion #3


I've been a horrible co-host during this read along. I'm late posting my answers for this last discussion, but here they are!

1. Is this your first time reading Anne of Green Gables or a reread? Either way, what did you think about it?

Nope, I've read Anne several times. I love it each time.

2. If this is your first time reading Anne of Green Gables, do you plan to read the rest of the series? If you've read Anne of Green Gables before, have you read the rest of the series? What do you think about it?

Yes, I have read the whole series, but only once. Anne is the best of the series. The rest of the books don't have the same charm, but I enjoyed several of them.

Image result for matthew cuthbert puffed sleeves3. Who is your favorite character and why?                                                                                                                              This is a tough one!! I love them all! I would have to say Matthew and Gilbert I guess.
4. Who is your least favorite character and why?

Josie Pye, she is such a snob!

5. What is your favorite scene and why?

All of them!

6. What did you think about the last third of the book and why?          
      
The last third of the book is bitter sweet. Tragedy strikes, and Anne grows up and isn't as silly and prone to mistakes. I admire the young woman she grows in to, but I always miss the younger Anne. I do love that Anne and Gilbert become friends in the end.
Image result for Anne of Green Gables gif

3 comments:

  1. I like that Anne and Gilbert become friends in the end too. I just wish they would've become friends sooner! When does the romance start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. matthew & gilbert, yep my favorites too but really, we don't know all that much about them, at least it just seems to me there just isn't enough of matthew or gilbert in the book but they are sure essentials to anne, because without thme, she might not be anne.

    I really do like anne's friendship with gilbert, even if it did took them such a long while to finally be real friends.

    the ending is just so sad but it's a good ending and lets us know that life isn't always daisies and sunshines. I do see anne growing up at the end but I also like her youthful spunk, I just wonder what troubles she went through before she came to green gables, we really do not know much except that she was being worked like a slave. whenever she mentions having raised two sets of twins (or is that three sets?), I just wonder what hell she have gone through during those times.

    thanks for hosting the read along.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete