Thursday, April 5, 2018

The Hypnotist's Love Story

13214888Goodreads Synopsis:    From the author of critically acclaimed What Alice Forgot comes a wonderfully fun, insightful novel about the crazy things we do for love.
Ellen O’Farrell is a bit unusual. She’s a hypnotherapist. She’s never met her father. And she can’t seem to keep a relationship going (okay, that’s more normal that we want to admit). When Ellen meets Patrick, she’s hopeful nevertheless. But when he says he needs to tell her something, she fears the worst. However, when Patrick reveals that his ex-girlfriend is stalking him, Ellen thinks, Is that all? Actually, that’s kind of neat. She’s more intrigued than frightened. What makes a supposedly smart, professional woman behave this way? She’d love to meet her. What she doesn’t know is that she already has.
My Thoughts:
-    This wasn't my favorite Moriarty book, but the writing is so tantalizing that I kept reading.
-    It was interesting that the book is told from Ellen's perspective and the stalker's perspective. I kept feeling bad for Saskia, but I didn't want to because she is crazy! 
-    I didn't like Patrick. He seemed like a jerk most of the time, and I don't think he was ready to get married again. 
-    I loved the setting!
-    I kept thinking some twist was going to happen, or some major event would happen, but no. I was a little disappointed with the ending, but I also was okay with the ending. 
-    I thought the whole idea of the story was very interesting, and Moriarty's writing is addicting, but the characters and story weren't as great. 

2 comments:

  1. This wasn’t my favorite either but, yes, she’s so addictive. Patrick annoyed me to death too and I felt for Saskia. I want to read her other books but I also want to save them for a rainy day. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the favorite of a lot of my GR friends. It's interesting to see what people think and how we're all different.

    ReplyDelete