Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring Kat back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has a good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help.
For Kat, there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family's history--and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way.
- This was a really fun story with great characters. It is very reminiscent of any "heist" movie like Ocean's Eleven and The Italian Job. I really enjoyed it.
- Kat is a great main character. She is smart and has an awesome set of thief skills, but she also struggles with stealing things and how her family operates.
- I love Kat's family, and I love that the story is an all around family business. It is great to see a book with strong family ties.
- Some parts of the book felt a little slow to me, but I was interested the whole time, and I loved getting to the actual heist.
- I really enjoy Kat's relationship with Hale. There is tension there, and they've known each other for forever. I love romances that bloom from friendship.
- Very fun book, and it has Ally's humor and style all over it. I'm excited to read the rest of the series.