- I love this series! I can't say enough about it.
- I enjoyed the growing relationship between Will and Alyss. I wish they were able to interact more.
- I'm so happy that Horace joined Will in this one. I liked that Will had a trusted friend by his side, and I loved the dialogue between Will and Horace when they were hashing out battle plans.
- I love that this is a fantasy book that uses science instead of sorcery. Will and his friend are able to use parlor tricks and science to convince the simple folk that there is sorcery going on, and I love when they use their tricks to scare people.
- The battle to take back Macindaw and save Alyss was fun. I loved all the different strategies and things.
- The end of this book just left me with a bug smile on face.