Friday, February 8, 2013

The Butler Gets a Break: A Bellweather Tale

The Butler Gets a Break: A Bellweather TaleGoodreads Bit:    All is (temporarily) peaceful in the village of Eel-Smack-by-the-Bay. An art heist has been averted, an albino alligator refuge established, and a family of refugee circus performers, gainfully employed. After much thought (and a tell-all memoir) Tristan Benway has decided to remain in the employ of the Bellweather family, and the children, especially, have tried to mend their ways.

But old habits die hard, and when the triplets - Brick, Spike, and Sassy - experiment in negative space on the lighthouse stairs, Benway ends up in the hospital with a broken leg, and the Bellweathers are left without a butler.  

The family's efforts to find an interim servant fail miserably. Their troubles mount as they become mixed-up with a band of roving Gypsies, paleontological discoveries gone awry, and encounters with rare attack squirrels.  But letting the recuperating Benway know of their plight is not an option. As the Bellweathers spin increasingly amazing stories of their "new servant" at Benway's bedside, the poor butler starts to wonder if he was ever needed. . .


My Thoughts:

-    This was another charming Bellweather Tale.

-    The cover is perfect for the story!  It really shows what is going on with each individual family member.

-    I didn't find the story as intriguing as the first book, but it was still cute.

-    These books remind me a lot Lemony Snicket's books.

-    I love how Benway tries to pretend he isn't attached to the family, and how he isn't addicted to a certain TV show.

-    I also liked that the book showed that the Benway family really needs Benway, and they think he is part of the family.

-    I want a butler.  Maybe not one like Benway, but one like Carson (from Downton Abbey).  I think Benway is only suited for the Bellweather family.

-    I think I would have enjoyed this more if I were younger.  I'm sure kids around 12 or so would love this book though!

No comments:

Post a Comment