Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Fires of Merlin

The Fires Of Merlin (The Lost Years of Merlin, #3)From Goodreads:    Wings of Fire, the sleeping dragon, has awakened, threatening to loose his terrible wrath on all of Fincayra. Only young Merlin, grandson of the great wizard Tuatha, can stop him, though the price may well be the young wizard's life. But before he can face the dragon's fires, Merlin must endure fires of other kinds—including those within himself. He must face the evil, batlike kreelixes who exist only to destroy magic; the mysterious Wheel of Wye; and the sorceress Urnalda, who holds the treasured Galator. Most challenging, young Merlin must discover not the power but the source of his own magic.

In this the third story in his Arthurian epic, T. A. Barron adds a thrilling new dimension to the legend of Merlin.


My Thoughts:

-    This wasn't as good as the first two.  It suffered from middle book syndrome.

-    Not a lot happened in the story.  If all the fluff and traveling was taken out, this would be a very short book.

-    Merlin is so dumb.

-    I really liked Hallia and Eremon.  They were fun new characters, and I just like the whole idea of deer people.

-    I don't think the dragon was evil, and I'm glad that was addressed. 

-    There was a lot of traveling back and forth, and I just felt like if Merlin had done things in order, he wouldn't have had to travel as much.  It would have saved time.  He should have gone after the Galator first, like people told him too!

-    I want a horse like Ionn!

-    I wish there had been more dragon parts.

-    I just don't have much to say about this one.  I hope the last 2 books are better!


Series Info:

This was the 3rd book in the Lost Years of Merlin series.  Click on the covers below to see my thoughts on the previous books.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment