Goodreads Synopsis: Taran dreams of adventure, but nothing exciting ever happens to an Assistant Pig-Keeper--until his pig runs away. A chase through the woods leads Taran far from home and into great danger, for evil prowls the land of Prydain. With a collection of strange and wonderful friends whom he meets on his journey, Taran finds himself fighting so that good may triumph over evil--and so that his beloved home will not fall to a diabolical fiend.
- This series is one of my childhood favorites! Reading this again was like greeting old friends.
- Reading an old favorite is just what I needed to get me out of my reading slump!
- Taran has a lot of growing up to do, and while he grew throughout this journey, I'm glad there are more books for him to grow more.
- Gurgi is one of my all time favorite characters! He is right up there with Bilbo! I love the way he speaks, and I love his loyalty and courage.
- I love the other characters as well. Gwydion was one of my first literature crushes! Eilonwy can be annoying at times, but sometimes Taran needed a good scolding. Fflewddur is a good companion and brings some great comic relief. SO many great characters!! I love them all!
- Medwyn is full of wisdom and love for all living things. I admire him so much. I wish I had his job. It would be so peaceful and lovely.
- The book is short, but the adventure is EPIC! This tale is a timeless classic that people will love forever! I can't wait to share Alexander's books with my little gnome!
- Although we don't see much of him, The Horned King is one of the scariest and baddest dudes in all of fantasy!
- Nothing but love and praise from me for this book! This series holds a lot of nostalgia for me. I grew up reading about Prydain and The Shire, and I always wanted my own adventure. This is one of the books that started my love for reading!