Greg Heffley's on a losing streak. His best friend, Rowley Jefferson, has ditched him, and finding new friends in middle school is proving to be a tough task. To change his fortunes, Greg decides to take a leap of faith and turn his decisions over to chance. Will a roll of the dice turn things around, or is Greg's life destined to be just another hard-luck story?
- I used to hate it when my mom would tell me that friends come and go but family lasts forever! Bleh! Now that I'm older, I can kinda see what she means, but friends come and go, and I can just make new friends when the old ones go.
- Fregley freaks me out.
- Dating in middle school is awkward and lame. I figured Rowley would hook up with someone sooner or later though.
- The magic eight ball stuff cracked me up! I love that Greg used it for everything. It reminded me the Simpsons episode when Bart and Millhouse had a magic eight ball. I think their friendship was torn because Millhouse got a girlfriend in that same episode too!
- I like how many holidays were featured in this series. The family drama during holidays is awful, and I sympathize with Greg.
- Greg's mom is smarter than I thought. Her closet is brilliant!
- The body blanket thing was awesome!