In "Eyes of the Storm," volume three of the nine-book BONE saga, Lucius, Smiley, and Phoney survive an attack by the rat creatures and return safely to Lucius' tavern in Barrelhaven. Phoney, desperate to win a bet with Lucius, stokes the townspeople's fear of dragons and boasts that he is a professional dragonslayer.
Back at the farm, Fone Bone and Thorn are troubled by strange dreams, and Gran'ma Ben's reaction to them is stranger still: She reveals long-kept secrets and warns of great danger. Thorn, Fone Bone, and Gran'ma Ben may have to leave the farm forever.
- I thought Smiley was a fun side character, but I didn't pay him much attention before. In this volume he cracked me up! Smiley is so hilarious!
- It rains for a lot of the story, and the lightning panels are so awesome! Well done!
- Will Phoney never learn? He just goes from one debacle to the next.
- The plot is thickening! I really liked how we learned more about Thorn and Gran'ma.
- The art style is really growing on me. I really like how the artist combined simple characters with a more complex world. The Bones should be out of place, but they aren't.