It's over :'(
This is our last discussion post!
This has been a fun 3 months!
Thank you to everyone who participated!
Jenni's Discussion Questions:
1. Has your favorite character changed in The Return of the King? If yes, why?
A little, I really liked Eowyn's role a lot. I also loved Aragorn and Theoden. Gimli wasn't as prominent in this one. If I had to choose one, I'd go with Theoden.
2. Which is your favorite book of the series? Why?
Probably The Two Towers, It had more action and a lot going on. I really liked the content and what happened during that book, but my favorite part is in The Return of the King.
3. Do you like how the series ended? Why?
Yes, It was a good ending. Everything wrapped up nice. I love that Sam inherits Bag-End. I like how the Fellowship had one last meeting and parting. I like how Bilbo and Frodo get to sail away with the elves. It was good. I'm content.
4. If you could change one thing about the ending what would it be and why?
I wish Sam had the opportunity to go with Frodo. Obviously he had a family to take care of and everything, but they could have at least extended the invitation.
5. Were there any changes in The Return of the King movie that you liked or disliked?
Ugh! Faramir!!! WHY!?
I wanted them to show Aragorn healing people in the movie.
I liked Theoden's death better in the movie. I liked that his last words were to Eowyn instead of Pippin.
6. What was your favorite moment in Book 6?
The ending, when Frodo passes along the book to Sam. It is one of those tingly moments when you know something special is ending, but life is going to continue.
7. Which death affected you the most?
This might be getting repetitive, and I'm sure you can all guess, but I LOVE Theoden's last words! They are so awesome! His death is so amazing.
8. Why do you think Frodo didn't want to kill Saruman and Wormtongue, even after all the destruction and heartache they caused in the Shire?
I DON'T KNOW! Frodo didn't want to kill anyone! Saruman needed to die! Thank goodness Wormtongue stabbed him in the back, and thank goodness the other hobbits shot Wormtonge. Geez!
9. If you were in Frodo's place, would you have done the same thing? (See previous question.)
No! I would have encouraged Saruman's death.
10. If J.R.R. Tolkien were still alive and wrote a sequel to The Lord of the Rings, which character would you want to see the most and why?
That is a hard one. I'd like to read about Gimli and Legolas traveling together. I liked to read about Aragorn as king. I'd want to know about Sam and the Shire. I'd want to know how Eowyn and Faramir are doing. I would want an epic story with everyone again.
You won't want to miss:
Monday, August 4 @ 7:00 PM Mountain Time
We'll be discussing the books and stuff.
Saturday, August 9 @ 6:00 PM
We'll be watching The Return of the King!
If interested, ask for more details!