Thursday, September 11, 2014

Crown of Midnight

17167166From Goodreads:    "A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.

It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend."


From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie...and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.

My Thoughts:

-    Wow! Amazing! I need the third book NOW!

-    I couldn't put this book down. I craved it. I couldn't stop thinking of the characters and what was happening to them.

-    The tension between Chaol and Celeana in the first half of the book was delicious!

-    I feel like my heart was ripped out and stomped on! It hasn't fully healed yet. I hope the next book provides some remedies.

-    This were some pretty violent scenes, and I enjoyed them all. Definitely a 16+ book.

-    I think the new covers are a vast improvement. I love Celeana in her bad-a glory. I liked that the back of the book was Celeana in her red gown. 

-    I'm so attached to these characters. My heart bleeds for them! 

-    The reveals about Celeana and her past are so awesome!

-    Ah!! I just can't gush enough about this series! GUSH! GUSH!


Previous book in the Throne of Glass series
(covers are linked to my thoughts)

5 comments:

  1. Well, I guess it's good that the third book is out then. What are you going to do after you read the third book and then have to wait for each subsequent book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved this book. This is the book that really sold me on Celaena's story. That scene where she gets her "killing cold" was SO EPIC. And I'm still recovering over that one death. Can't wait until my Heir of Fire library request comes through!

    ReplyDelete