Monday, September 29, 2014

Small and Simple Things

399197
From Goodreads:    In these pages, Sister Hinckley shares some of the small and simple things she has gleaned from a lifetime of experience. Gentle encouragement, expressions of faith, and enduring advice for everyday problems will bring a smile to your face and gratitude to your heart for the small and simple things in your own life that make all the difference.







My Thoughts:

-    I've always admired Sister Hinckley's outlook on life. I thought this book would be filled with fun and uplifting things. It didn't disappoint.

-    I loved how she talks about food and shared some of her favorite recipes.

-    I liked how she mentioned to not over schedule your kids or yourself. It is good to leave time to spend together. Gnome is in preschool and dance. I'd like her to take piano lessons, but it is hard to know how much is too much. 

-    The book is mostly a compilation of Sister Hinckley's favorite quotes, scriptures, and poems. It was fun to read these.

-    I probably wouldn't read this again, but it is a little and quick read. I enjoyed it. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am from the Philippines. This makes it so hard to get a hold of this book. Do you happen to have an idea on how I can read this online?

    ReplyDelete