When Milwaukee-area wife and mother MJ Boudreaux notices her husband Chris seems more interested in the casino than her, she’s more bothered that she isn’t upset than by her husband’s absence. She picks up poker as a way for them to spend more time together—and reignite their marital flame.
Although the game doesn’t give her the quality time with Chris that she’d hoped, MJ finds she has a knack for it. Increasingly unhappy at home, she turns to the felt top of the poker table for comfort. Intoxicated with newfound freedom, MJ begins spending more time at the gambling tables and less with her family, finally carving out for herself a place outside her role of wife and mother.
After a string of great wins, MJ finds herself in Vegas, attracting the attention of a certain magnetic poker star. But when she’s forced to choose between her family and her new exciting lifestyle, the stakes may be higher than she thought and MJ will have to play her hand carefully…or risk losing it all.
- I have a new favorite author to add to my list! I love Reichert's books! Her take on relationships is perfect, and her stories are so addicting.
- The heartache and struggles of marriage were so relatable. I'm sure a lot of women can sympathize with MJ's feelings.
- I knew some of the decisions MJ made were not smart, but everyone makes mistakes, and I love that MJ realizes the mistakes she's made and becomes better because of it. The ending is amazing! I love the MJ's character growth.
- I LOVED that some of the characters and the restaurant from The Coincidence of Coconut Cake made an appearance!!
- I liked the coconut cake book better, but I still enjoyed this one a lot. I can't wait to read more from this author.