Thursday, August 17, 2017

My Lady Jane

26795352Goodreads Says:    Edward (long live the king) is the King of England. He’s also dying, which is inconvenient, as he’s only sixteen and he’d much rather be planning for his first kiss than considering who will inherit his crown…

Jane (reads too many books) is Edward’s cousin, and far more interested in books than romance. Unfortunately for Jane, Edward has arranged to marry her off to secure the line of succession. And there’s something a little odd about her intended…

Gifford (call him G) is a horse. That is, he’s an Eðian (eth-y-un, for the uninitiated). Every day at dawn he becomes a noble chestnut steed—but then he wakes at dusk with a mouthful of hay. It’s all very undignified.

The plot thickens as Edward, Jane, and G are drawn into a dangerous conspiracy. With the fate of the kingdom at stake, our heroes will have to engage in some conspiring of their own. But can they pull off their plan before it’s off with their heads?

My Thoughts:

-    This one fell a little below expectation for me, but I thought it was fun. 

-    I appreciated the humor and everything throughout the book. Some of it was really funny, and other times I rolled my eyes. I also liked when the narrators spoke to the reader. I also liked the quote stealing and vague references. 

-    I liked that this was very VERY loosely based on a historical figure that isn't very well known. 

-    The book was just too long. Comedies should never be too long. I just wanted the story to end. I liked that the book had a great story with humor, but 100-200 pages needed to be chopped. I enjoyed most of the book while I was reading, but towards the end, I was burnt out and wanted to finish quickly. 

-    I liked the magical elements that were added. Some of the moments of change seemed a bit too convenient, but it made sense I guess. 

-    Overall, this was a fun read, and I can tell the authors had a blast writing it, but I probably wouldn't pick it up again. 

2 comments:

  1. Yep. Definitely needed some pages cut. I wanted to just be done with it near the end too. That's never a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you didn't like it as much as I did. But, I'm glad you at least liked it other than it being too long for you.

    ReplyDelete