However, Alice has harbored feelings for Fenton since their first meeting ten years ago, and she believes his proposal is real. When she discovers it is not, she is embarrassed and hurt. However, a match with the most-eligible bachelor in London would secure not only her future but that of her family as well.
Determined to protect herself from making a fool of herself a second time, Alice matches Lord Fenton wit for wit and insult for insult as they move toward a marriage of convenience that is anything but a happy union. Only when faced with family secrets that have shaped Fenton’s life does he let down his guard enough to find room in his heart for Alice. But can Alice risk her heart a second time?
- This was good, but not as good as I thought it would be.
- I didn't think Charles and Alice were a good match, not even at the end. I thing Alice could have secured a man that appreciated her more. I think Charles needed a lot more growth. I'm convinced he will resort to his childish ways. I think Charles needs Alice WAY more than Alice needs him.
- I really liked the relationship between Alice and Lady Chariton. I love how they first bonded over Alice's mom, and then they slowly became good friends.
- I liked the overall theme of forgiveness and charity at the end, but it was put on a bit heavy.
- Since Lord Fenton had a role in A Heart Revealed, I was hoping to see a cameo from Amber or Thomas, but alas.