Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Relax, I'm a Ninja

22125500From Goodreads:    A Clan of ninjas in San Francisco may sound improbable-but as the son of a ninja Master, Tosh Ito knows what lurks in the shadows of his city. Or at least he thought he did. When a killer with a poisoned blade starts cutting down teens, Tosh enlists Amy Sato-newest ninja recruit, and his best friend's crush-and sets out to uncover the killer's identity. What they find is ninjutsu more evil than they could have ever imagined. As Amy and Tosh grow closer, they discover their connection unleashes a legendary power that could stop the murders. Problem is, that power may be exactly what the killer is looking for, and wielding it could cost them their souls.







My Thoughts:

-    I bought this when it came out, and it took me forever to get around to it. 

-    Sadly, I was really disappointed with this one. It really bummed me out because I have enjoyed other books from this author. 

-    The story starts out good, but the romance quickly takes over. It becomes so central to the story that when Tosh and Amy kiss, they are granted special powers. 

Image result for facepalm gif

-    I really struggled to finish this. I wanted more action and cool Ninja missions and stuff. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel like Twilight started this revolution of YA romances in the guise of adventures. Everyone and their dog was writing them. Wasn’t this one released way back when that was the “in” thing? I see fewer of this romance taking over crap in in recently published books so maybe that annoying trend is finally over.

    ReplyDelete