- These books are so amazing! I can't praise them enough!
- This book breaks my heart, but it also mends it again. What happens to Will is so sad, and if you don't cheer and cry a little bit at the end, you have no soul.
- I loved getting to know Evanlyn better, and I love how strong and determined she is. Even though she has lived a life of luxury, she doesn't cower away from hardship. She endures hard things with dignity and bravery. I love that about her.
- I also loved getting to know Erak's character. He is a strong and fearsome dude, but he also has a gentle side, but not too gentle.
- I loved the interactions between Horace and Halt. Their part in the story was a welcome reprieve from all the terrible stuff Will and Evanlyn were enduring. The humor between Halt and Horace cracked me up!
- I admire Halt's loyalty to Will. He did whatever it took to go after him.
- Even though I've read this before, I still couldn't read fast enough. The story is so gripping, and I just have to read what happens next.
Previous Ranger's Apprentice Books