Friday, January 15, 2016

Vampire Knight: Volumes 1 - 5

263145Goodreads Synopsis:    Yuki Cross has no memory of her past prior to the moment she was saved from a vampire attack ten years ago. She was adopted by the headmaster of Cross Academy, and now works alongside Zero to guard the Academy's secret. Cross Adademy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class return to their dorm, they cross paths with the Night Class on their way to school. Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the Guardians of the school, protecting the Day Class from the Academy's dark secret: the Night Class is full of vampires!




My Thoughts:

-    This was a great first volume to the series. The characters are very compelling, and I'm very intrigued by the story.

-    The text varies sizes a lot. It is kinda weird.

-    I wish this was in color. The illustrations are beautiful, and I want to see the character's eye color and hair color. The eyes are so big and awesome.

-    Do we really need to be reminded that the night class is for vampires every chapter/book? It is getting old.


263173From Goodreads:    Yuki and Zero go into town to do some shopping for the Headmaster, and they are attacked by a fiendish vampire called a "Level E". Two Night Class students, Takuma Ichijo and Senri Shiki, come just on time and slay it, and invite Yuki and Zero to their dormitory at midnight to find out why they killed one of their own kind...










My Thoughts:

-    I loved learning more about the vampires in this volume. The lore and hierarchy are very interesting. 

-    Why do mangas have to have the mentor that is flamboyant one second and super serious the next? This is popular in a lot of mangas and animes.

-    It is hard to tell some of the vampires apart. They look and sound so similar. 

-    I am craving more!! I'm seriously hooked!


784222Goodreads Says:    Kaname, the pureblood vampire, has kept to his room since learning of Yuki and Zero's forbidden act. However, the arrival of Ichijo's grandfather brings the entire Night Class together to greet one of the oldest vampires on the senate. Ichijo's grandfather says he's there merely to visit his grandson, but he's out for Kaname's blood.









My Thoughts:

-    I loved seeing more of Kaname and Yuki's history in this volume! What is up with those two?

-    I want to know what is going on in Kaname's head. He is so stoic and mysterious.

-    The new girl is definitely trouble!

-    The boy vampires all look the same, except Kaname. They need name tags! Even then, I don't think it would help.


1898916From Goodreads:    Zero warns Yuki to stay away from Maria Kurenai, the new Night Class transfer student, although he won't tell Yuki why. Kaname is also wary, and he sends Ichijo to watch Maria so she doesn't start trouble. Who is this girl, and why does she have the entire Night Class on edge










My Thoughts:

-    I really like the cover on this one.

-    Whoa! Just whoa! The things this volume reveals is intense and crazy!


Vampire Knight, Vol. 5 (Vampire Knight, #5)Goodreads Synopsis:    Zero is suspected of killing Shizuka Hio, the pureblood vampire who murdered his family. Incensed, the vampire senate sends assassins to Cross Academy to execute him. Will the Night Class intervene, or will Kaname let Zero take the fall?











My Thoughts:

-    Things are getting tense in the vampire world. I can't turn pages fast enough.

-    What is Kaname planning!?!? I feel like everything is part of this elaborate plan he has, but what is the goal? 

-    Zero is fighting his instincts, but he is still dangerous. I don't know if I trust him.

-    What is going on with Aido?

-    So many questions!! I need answers!

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try out some manga. I have watched (and loved) several anime movies and I just started getting more into comics and graphic novels, so now I want to try some manga! (I have read a couple but they were adaptations of novels, so I don't think they totally count.) But these sound really interesting! And I had some of the same issues with the characters looking the same when I read some graphic novels last year. That is so confusing! Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love manga art! I'm sad to hear the inside art is black and white. :( Looks like a fun series.

    ReplyDelete