Monday, March 27, 2017

Star Wars: C-3PO

33833292From Goodreads:    Star Wars Special: C-3P0 #1 will reunite the acclaimed and award-winning writer and artist team of James Robinson and Tony Harris for the first time in nearly two decades, the tale follows “golden rod” on a solo adventure leading up to his appearance in Star Wars: The Force Awakens — and reveals what led to this change in appearance.

“That’s a really exciting part of doing this story,” says Robinson. “I saw a photo of C-3PO with his red arm the other day and I thought ‘Wow, I’m the writer who gets to explain that.’”

You may not be fluent in over six million forms of communication…but this book is a must have in any language.




My Thoughts:

-    I finally caved and bought this issue. My curiosity got the better of me. Every time I went to pick up comics, I would resist buying this. I told myself that I had enough comics, and I didn't need it. But I HAVE to know why C-3PO has a red arm!

-    The artwork is very different. I'm not sure if I like it or not. It is sometimes hard to see what is going on. It kind of looks like stained glass windows, which is cool. 

-    There are too many droids to keep track of, but it doesn't become a problem later on.

-    These droids have an odd amount of emotion. 

-    I wish there had been more than one issue, so we could get back story. I want to know how the droids got on the planet and what they were doing. The mission was explained towards the end, but there are big gaps to fill. 

-    My curiosity was satisfied. I know why Threepio has a red arm and whose arm it is!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Sometimes just giving in is the smartest decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does he have a red arm and whose is it? I'm not going to read the comic, so you can just tell me, kay?

    ReplyDelete