"It is a dark time for the Empire. . . ."
The Emperor is dead, and the remnants of his former Empire are in retreat. As the New Republic fights to restore a lasting peace to the galaxy, some dare to imagine new beginnings and new destinies. For Han Solo, that means settling his last outstanding debt, by helping Chewbacca liberate the Wookiee's homeworld of Kashyyyk.
Meanwhile, Norra Wexley and her band of Imperial hunters pursue Grand Admiral Rae Sloane and the Empire's remaining leadership across the galaxy. Even as more and more officers are brought to justice, Sloane continues to elude the New Republic, and Norra fears Sloane may be searching for a means to save the crumbling Empire from oblivion. But the hunt for Sloane is cut short when Norra receives an urgent request from Princess Leia Organa. The attempt to liberate Kashyyyk has carried Han Solo, Chewbacca, and a band of smugglers into an ambush resulting in Chewie's capture and Han's disappearance.
Breaking away from their official mission and racing toward the Millennium Falcon's last known location, Norra and her crew prepare for any challenge that stands between them and their missing comrades. But they can't anticipate the true depth of the danger that awaits them or the ruthlessness of the enemy drawing them into his crosshairs.
- Ask and ye shall receive! I wanted more Han and Leia, and I got a lot more! Hooray! Now if I could just get some Luke in there. Where is he anyway?
- I loved seeing Han and Leia's relationship. They understand each other's needs as individuals and as a couple.
- This story was action packed. There was never a dull moment.
- I love seeing how the new republic had to struggle after destroying the second death star. Starting a new government is not easy, especially when there is still a big empire presence.
- The ending!! Wow! I can't wait to see what happens on Jakku!
Previous Aftermath Book: