Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, unveils a previously unknown chapter in the lives of his favorite band of space brigands in the prequel to the Serenity feature film -- the blockbuster followup to Whedon's cult-hit TV show Firefly.
- My friends and I are watching Firefly together. I've only watched it once, and it has been a while. Jenni hasn't seen it at all! Hava is a brown coat veteran.
- As many of you know, the series wasn't long enough, and it left its fans wanting more. . . lots more. Thankfully there are these graphic novels.
- I loved Nathan Fillion's note at the beginning. I love his history of comic book collecting, and I love that his role as Malcolm Reynolds fulfilled a life long dream of becoming a super hero.
- I wish I could read Chinese. I felt like I was missing out on stuff, but I used the Google Translate app, and I wasn't missing much. The app lets you scan the dialogue, and it will translate it into English for you. I was disappointed.
- There are a few violent moments. I would not recommend this to people who are more sensitive to blood and violence.
- This volume was like an episode of the series. It didn't answer any of my burning questions, but it was another fun adventure with the Serenity crew. I enjoyed it.