Friday, December 7, 2012

Reached

Reached (Matched, #3)From Goodreads:    After leaving Society and desperately searching for the Rising—and each other—Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again: Cassia has been assigned to work for the Rising from within Society, while Ky has been stationed outside its borders. But nothing is as predicted, and all too soon the veil lifts and things shift once again.

In this gripping conclusion to the #1 New York Times-bestselling Matched trilogy, Cassia will reconcile the difficulties of challenging a life too confining, seeking a freedom she never dreamed possible, and honoring a love she cannot live without.




My Thoughts:

-    The story is told from 3 perspectives:  Xander, Cassia, and Ky.  I really loved that we got to see more of Xander.

-    The book is kinda slow, but I savored each word.  It really isn't the plot that sucked me into the series, it was the characters!

-    This is such a different kind of rebellion.  It is so fresh and unique to see this kind of resolve.

-    The love triangle is settled, but I'm not completely happy about it.  I understand why it went down the way it did, but I'm still not happy.

-    This book really made me take a deep breath and think.  The gears in my head were turning the whole way through.  It is kind of a somber ending.

-    I enjoyed this book, but I think Matched is my favorite in the series.  

-    There are so many little things in the previous books that come back in this one.  I must go back to read the trilogy over again to really get the connections.  Some of the stuff is brilliant!!

-    I love reading Utah Author books because things like Sego Lilies pop up, and I love that Sego Lilies play a big role in the story!  Go Utah Heritage!!  Random fun state fact:  Sego Lilies are our state flower. 

-    The covers of the book are wonderful.  They really represent Cassia's journey.  I even think the covers kind of correlate with Cassia and her experience with each Society pill.

-    I'd love to see a sort of prequel book about Cassia's Grandfather.  It would be so interesting.

-    The book is very well written.  There were some really beautiful moments.


Series Info:

Reached is the 3rd book in the Matched Trilogy.  Reviews for the previous books will show up some day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to finish this series just to see who she picks...though, I'm a little worried.

    ReplyDelete