From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June’s brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family’s survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias’s death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.
- If you are a Hunger Games and/or Divergent fan, this is your next book!! It is awesome! It has just as much thrills, danger, and fun!
- The story and characters are wonderful, and I couldn't turn pages fast enough!
- I really like that the text changes color and font for each character. The story alternates between June and Day, and it is really easy to remember which character I'm reading about with the text change.
- The story was really clever and well thought out. I picked up on some things along the way, but putting the whole picture together towards the end was a thrill.
- The characters were so amazing. I loved the dynamic between Day and June, and I LOVE that it is based on Javert and Jean Valjean. I like how similar Day and June are. They are observant, athletic, and they keep each other on their toes.
- There were few side characters that were fun as well. I hope we get to see more of them in the next book cause I want to get to know them better, particularly Kaede and Tess. I am also curious about Thomas. What goes through that guy's head?
- I kinda wish the author had delved more into why the United States is split. Hopefully there is more about that in future books. The whole idea that our country is torn and at war is very intriguing.
- Great book! This is probably my favorite read so far this year! I highly recommend it!