- I love these retellings by Jessica Day George. They are so fun and enchanting.
- I'm so happy that Poppy got to have a book of her own. I loved her in Princess of the Midnight Ball, and I still love her. She is a really great feminine character with a lot of strengths. I also love that she isn't a typical princess.
- Although there were several characters in this book, I didn't have trouble remembering who was who like I do with other books with a lot of characters. Everyone had a distinct roll and personality.
- I love that the characters were not what they seemed. At first I really didn't like Ellen at all! At the end, I pitied her, and even grew a little fond of her.
- I like that Poppy involved the "adults" in what was going on. I wish more teenagers would do that. Lord Richard is so kind, and his wisdom was very helpful to the characters.
- I didn't like Christian as much as I did Galen. I'm glad the Poppy said she wanted to get to know him better before jumping in to marriage. I'm sure Christian is very nice, but I didn't get to see the real him for a lot of the book.
- This is one of my favorite Cinderella retellings because of it's unique twist.
Previous Princess Book
(click on the cover to see my thoughts)