Friday, June 28, 2013

Princess of Glass

Princess of Glass (Princess #2)From Goodreads:    Hoping to escape the troubles in her kingdom, Princess Poppy reluctantly agrees to take part in a royal exchange program, whereby young princes and princesses travel to each other's countries in the name of better political alliances--and potential marriages. It's got the makings of a fairy tale--until a hapless servant named Eleanor is tricked by a vengeful fairy godmother into competing with Poppy for the eligible prince. Ballgowns, cinders, and enchanted glass slippers fly in this romantic and action-packed happily-ever-after quest from an author with a flair for embroidering tales in her own delightful way.





My Thoughts:

-    I love these retellings by Jessica Day George. They are so fun and enchanting.

-    I'm so happy that Poppy got to have a book of her own. I loved her in Princess of the Midnight Ball, and I still love her. She is a really great feminine character with a lot of strengths. I also love that she isn't a typical princess. 

-    Although there were several characters in this book, I didn't have trouble remembering who was who like I do with other books with a lot of characters. Everyone had a distinct roll and personality. 

-    I love that the characters were not what they seemed. At first I really didn't like Ellen at all! At the end, I pitied her, and even grew a little fond of her. 

-    I like that Poppy involved the "adults" in what was going on. I wish more teenagers would do that. Lord Richard is so kind, and his wisdom was very helpful to the characters.

-    I didn't like Christian as much as I did Galen. I'm glad the Poppy said she wanted to get to know him better before jumping in to marriage. I'm sure Christian is very nice, but I didn't get to see the real him for a lot of the book.

-    This is one of my favorite Cinderella retellings because of it's unique twist. 

Previous Princess Book
(click on the cover to see my thoughts)

No comments:

Post a Comment