Saturday, June 29, 2013

Princess of the Silver Woods

Princess of the Silver Woods (Princess, #3)Goodreads Description:    When Petunia, the youngest of King Gregor's twelve dancing daughters, is invited to visit an elderly friend in the neighboring country of Westfalin, she welcomes the change of scenery. But in order to reach Westfalin, Petunia must pass through a forest where strange two-legged wolves are rumored to exist. Wolves intent on redistributing the wealth of the noble citizens who have entered their territory. But the bandit-wolves prove more rakishly handsome than truly dangerous, and it's not until Petunia reaches her destination that she realizes the kindly grandmother she has been summoned to visit is really an enemy bent on restoring an age-old curse. The stories of Red Riding Hood and Robin Hood get a twist as Petunia and her many sisters take on bandits, grannies, and the new King Under Stone to end their family curse once and for all.

My Thoughts:

-    This last book in the Princess trilogy was awesome! It was a delight the whole way through!

-    I love that the villains from the first book made a reappearance, and their demise was finally settled. I kept wondering what happened to the King Under Stone and his brothers.

-    I also love that other characters made reappearances, especially the old lady that Galen got his cloak from. 

-    I love that all the princesses know how to shoot a gun. They aren't helpless, and they all have great courage. 

-    Petunia really surprised me. At first she was a bit shy and acted like the youngest sibling in a large family, but she grows. Towards the end, she is a very strong and courageous character! Poppy better watch out because I think Petunia might steal some of her thunder!

-    I like that Galen is back, and he had a significant role. He is my favorite of all the princesses' suitors/husbands. 

-    I liked the Robin Hood elements added to the Red Riding Hood story. I wasn't expecting that, and it was fun. 

-    I really liked Oliver. He is my 2nd favorite guy in this series. He was very kind and honest, and I was impressed that he took on so many responsibilities at a young age. 

-    I don't gush about books to much, but this series just brings out the girl in me. 

-    This is such a perfect ending to the trilogy. I wish there was a book for every princess, but I suppose you can get too much of a good thing. 


Previous Princess Books
(click on the cover to see my thoughts)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment