But now, something is after her. Something terrifying—a force she cannot comprehend. And as pieces of the puzzle start to fit together, Ai Ling begins to understand that her journey to the Palace of Fragrant Dreams isn't only a quest to find her beloved father but a venture with stakes larger than she could have imagined.
Bravery, intelligence, the will to fight and fight hard . . . she will need all of these things. Just as she will need the new and mysterious power growing within her. She will also need help.
It is Chen Yong who finds her partly submerged and barely breathing at the edge of a deep lake. There is something of unspeakable evil trying to drag her under. On a quest of his own, Chen Yong offers that help . . . and perhaps more.
- I really enjoyed this story. I didn't know a thing about it, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'm glad I picked this up.
- The story had me hooked from the prologue. The story is very captivating.
- The book has a lot of Chinese culture in it.
- There is a lot of food in the story. It seems the characters are either walking or eating. It made me hungry. Ai Ling can really eat!
- While the story was great, the writing was a little dry.
- I enjoyed the characters. Ai Ling was a great female protagonist. Chen Yong was a great warrior type character. Li Yong made me laugh.
- There were some descriptive sex things, but it had a lot to do with the culture and story, so I'm not sure how I feel about it. It was needed, but I wish it hadn't been so descriptive.
- The ending seemed long and dragged out. That last bit was frustrating!! The story is left wide open for a sequel.
- This was a fun book, and I'm excited to read the next one!