Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The Paradise Snare

617086From Goodreads:    Here is the first book in the blockbuster trilogy that chronicles the never-before-told story of the young Han Solo. Set before the Star Wars movie adventures, these books chronicle the coming-of-age of the galaxy's most famous con man, smuggler, and thief.

The first book in this exciting Han Solo series begins with a recounting of Han's late teen years and shows us how he escaped an unhappy adopted home situation to carve out an adventurous new life for himself as a pilot. Han Solo, the handsome rogue, is every girl's dream man, and every boy's hero. 








My Thoughts:

-    I LOVED this book! The characters and story are awesome! I wish I had read this ages ago.

-    I really enjoyed reading about Han's younger years. I loved his relationship with Dewlanna, it explains why he has a soft spot for Wookies and can understand them.

-    I liked Bria a lot. It was great to see her grow and become and important character. 

-    Muuurgh was awesome! His species makes an appearance in the comics, and I thought it was a new thing, but apparently not. I loved Muuurgh's loyalty, strength, and friendship.

-    The ending is very bitter sweet. I know Bria and Han can't be together, but I am still cheering for them anyway. 

-    Han's terms of endearment for Bria get tiresome. He uses them way too often.

-    I loved seeing Han's home planet, and I liked getting to know the people and everything.

-    I'm very excited for the rest of this series!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you loved this book. I did too when I read it. I need to read it again. It has been so long I don't remember the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should finish the trilogy! It is awesome!

      Delete
  2. I’m glad you liked this one since your such a Han fan. Too bad they’re not cannon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wish it was cannon. It would make an amazing movie!

      Delete