It is Halt who suggests the solution: Will must take an apprentice. The candidate Halt has in mind surprises everyone - and it's a request Will cannot refuse.
Training a rebellious, unwilling apprentice is hard enough. But when a routine mission uncovers a shocking web of crime, Will must decide where his priorities lie - finishing his quest for revenge, or saving innocent lives?
- I was pretty excited that Flanagan wrote one more adventure for us in this series. It is several years after Nihon-Ja, and I was excited to see how everyone was doing in their older years.
- I loved the story, and I loved the new characters. I wish this was the beginning of a new series and not just a big epilogue book. I would love to see what happens to Maddie.
- Maddie grew in so many ways! I love great character development, and Maddie had a lot of growing to do, but she got there in the end.
- My heart broke for Will. It was so hard to see him suffer, and I darn near cried when I learned what happened.
- I loved seeing Will take on an apprentice. It was fun to see him use the same techniques that Halt used on him.
- This amazing series has finally come to an end. This is one of my all time favorite series, and I know I'll re-read again in the future. I'm also excited to read Flanagan's other books.