Doctor Dolittle and his friends brave a shipwreck, find the floating island, and meet the incredible Great Glass Sea Snail -- the keeper of the greatest mystery of all. This is the most popular of the twelve Doctor Dolittle novels. The next has been carefully edited for modern readers by renowned children's book authors Patricia and Fredrick McKissack. This new edition, featuring color illustrations by best-selling artist Michael Hague, is sure to bring a whole new generation under the spell of Doctor Dolittle and his animal friends.
- This was my first Newberry Award Winner this year! Woo!
- I really liked that the story was told from a little boy's perspective. I loved Tommy's fascination with everything going on around him.
- The book was fun, but it was very dry. It held my interest, but you can tell it is an older book.
- I liked all the different people and animals we meet throughout the story.
- I really like Doctor Dolittle. He is very kind and generous to everyone he meets. His courtesy extends to animals and humans no matter size, shape, color, etc.
- I won't be continuing with the series, but I'm glad I read the first two books.