Thursday, March 22, 2018

Anne of Green Gables Read Along: Discussion Part 2


Woo! We've finished chapter 26!

Twitter chat tonight at 7:00 MDT.
Our next discussion will be on Jenni's blog on March 31.

1. Anne has a gift for loving nature in all its forms, she even gives them delightful names. Do you find yourself appreciating nature more as you read this?

I do, whenever I read this I notice trees more, and I appreciate being outside more.

Related image2. We have finally met Gilbert! What do you think of him? Do you think Anne is justified in hating him so much?

I LOVE Gilbert! He was my first literature crush. I wish Anne didn't hold her grudge for so long, but I do love the academic competition they have going.

3. Anne's imagination finally got the better of her in the Haunted Wood. Do you think she learned anything from that experience? Do you think she'll tone down the imagination a bit?

Despite Anne scaring herself silly, I think she probably enjoyed the whole experience. She is such a romantic, and being a damsel in distress in haunted wood is probably exciting to her.

Image result for Anne of Green Gables gif4. What do you think of Diana and the other school girls? Do you think Anne chose wisely for her bosom friend?

I'm really happy that Anne found a friend, and that she didn't have to have made up friends anymore. I think it would have been easy for Anne to become a friend to a jerk too, so I'm glad she found Diana. I hate Josie Pie and some of those other girls, but at least all of them aren't mean.

5. I've always dreamed of visiting Prince Edward Island some day. Do you want to visit there also? What other real life literature places do you want to visit?

Prince Edward Island is on the top of the list for literature places to visit. I've heard it is just as beautiful as Anne describes. I would also love to visit London.






9 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the questions. The first was one was very thought-provoking. I never really thought about it.

    Here are my answers for anyone interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get a linky up! Sorry I forgot.

      Delete
    2. It's okay. I know you've had a hard couple of days. :)

      Delete
  2. I try to appreciate all types of weather but I’m not great at it.
    I love Gilbert!
    I may actually be taking a trip to PEI in the next year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! :D Hope you have an awesome trip!

      ~Amber

      Delete
  3. I forgot about the academic competitions, those were fun and whenever Anne happen to mention Gilbert, she would stop saying his name and change it to something else.

    London is great now but back then, it must have been even prettier, at least, in the Anne books, Prince Edward Island always sounds so nice.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun questions. My answers are posted! Bottom line, I need more Gilbert. Can we read book two, too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES to wanting to visit PEI! ♥ And I totally agree with everyone about enjoying Anne and Gilbert's competition in school. :) (Lissa, I also think it's funny how Anne catches herself saying Gilbert's name and stops, haha!)

    Love the questions! My responses are up a day late. :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the academic competition between Gilbert and Anne! It simultaneously helps them to grow and learn, while always keeping the other in their thoughts. :D

    Also, I second what Suey said. I need more Gilbert! I will most likely be going on into book two just so I can read more about him.

    Great questions, Kami! I'm loving this read-along a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete