Thursday, March 29, 2018

Raid of No Return

Raid of No Return (Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales, #7)Goodreads Synopsis:    A top secret mission needs volunteers.

After the bombing of Pearl Harbor in 1941, the United States joined World War II. And soon after that, young pilots were recruited fro a very secret - and very dangerous - raid on Japan. No one in the armed forced had done anything like this raid before, and none of the volunteers expected to escape with their lives. But this was a war unlike any other before, which called for creative thinking as well as bravery. 

Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales are graphic novels that tell the thrilling, shocking, gruesome, and TRUE stories of American history. Read them all - if you dare!


My Thoughts:

-    I'm a Hazardous Tales fan, and this is now one of my favorites in the series. 

-    The story and characters were a little more serious, and I really appreciated that. I enjoy the silliness, but it can get too silly sometimes. 

-    I didn't know about this mission to Japan. I really enjoy learning new things about history, and I like that Nathan Hale tells history in fun ways. 

3 comments:

  1. I’m glad you like this series so much. I wasn’t a fan myself but I could see how great it is for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about getting this series for our shelves, I think Munchkin would really enjoy them as he gets older.

    ReplyDelete