Monday, March 5, 2018

Star Wars #33 - #40

35603770From Goodreads:    The Hero of the Rebellion & the Princess of the Revolution! Luke and Leia finally get some time alone. Unfortunately, it's stranded on a desert island.
















My Thoughts:

-    I love that Leia is a take charge kind of lady, and I love that she isn't afraid to do what is takes to get things done.

-    The monologue that Leia has throughout this issue is kinda weird. 

-    I'm not sure what the point of this issue was, but it was fun.

-    I'm excited for the next issue with Lando in it!


36050786From Goodreads:    Sana and Lando join forces on Coruscant to swindle some credits!


















My Thoughts:

-    These last two issues have been interesting.

-    I was hoping for more of Lando's charm and whatever, but this issue focused completely on Sana. 

-    I don't understand why Sana is really needed in the series.


36149650From Goodreads   Han and Chewie go back to smuggling…for a Hutt?!


















My Thoughts:

-    I loved Han's meeting with Mon Mothma. They really nailed Han's personality there. I love moments when the character's personality really comes out. 

-    I like the artwork in this issue a lot. It is very realistic. 

-    This issue was classic Han Solo! I loved it!

-    The In Memoriam segment about Flo Steinberg was great! I love that there is a page dedicated to her. 


36232761From Goodreads   The Empire has held Threepio captive for far too long. There's no way they are prepared to deal with this rescue. That's right — Artoo is ready to take action!
















My Thoughts:

-    Take a moment to just appreciate the cover. I love it! R2 surrounded by storm trooper corpses. Awesome!

-    I can't remember C3-PO getting captured, but it sounds like something that would happen to him.

-    This is one of the greatest comics I've ever read!! R2-D2 uses all sorts of tricks to take down the storm troopers! Ha!

-    A KX Security Droid makes and appearance!!! Hooray!

-    R2 is the real hero of Star Wars.


36349335Goodreads Says:    Scar Squadron is back...with their deadliest attack yet!


















My Thoughts:

-    Whoever designed the Overlord, did an awesome job!

-    The artwork is awesome! I love all the action scenes, especially with Sergeant Kreel.

-    Sergeant Kreel's monologue got a bit over dramatic.

-    This issue had a very somber ending. I like that the series shows the war against the empire in a more daunting way.

-    I was confused by the short story at the end, but then Obi-Wan showed up. 


36557859Goodreads Synopsis:    THE ASHES OF JEDHA! The Rebel Alliance turns its attention to the shattered planet of Jedha! But what is there to find on the devastated planet?
















My Thoughts:

-    OMGoodness!! This issue ties in with Rogue One!

-    This issue was mostly setup, so not a lot happened, but I'm excited to see a character from Rogue One!


Star Wars #39From Goodreads   THE ASHES OF JEDHA! Once the site of great significance to the Jedi, Jedha was left in ruins when the Death Star annihilated the Holy City there. Now, new series writer Kieron Gillen joins artist Salvador Larroca to bring Luke, Leia, Han, and the rest to the remains of the tragic victim of the Empire's fury!













My Thoughts:

-    The artwork is amazing. It almost looks like photos.

-    I wish they had talked more about Jyn and what she did.

-    Who is this new admiral dude and queen lady? They need to explain things better.


Star Wars #40From Goodreads:    ASHES OF JEDHA part 3! As Queen Trios' forces move in to strip what's left of Jedha, the Rebellion and the remaining Partisans struggle to save the planet for its survivors! The echoes of Rogue One continue to be heard through the Rebellion!














My Thoughts:

-    I kinda think I should start buying the trade books so I have the whole story at once, but it is so fun to get the individual comics. *sigh*

-    Ha! I love when Han sweet talks to the Falcon.

-    Awwwww! This issue contains Leia and Bail's last words to each other, so sad!

-    Does there need to be a giant sandworm in every universe!? 

-    This issue was pretty packed. I'm surprised with how much they fit into so few pages.

2 comments: