Teen actor Darien Freeman used to live for cons - before he was famous. Now they're nothing but autographs and awkward meet-and-greets. Playing Carmindor is all he has ever wanted, but Starfield fandom has written him off as just another dumb heartthrob. As ExcelsiCon draws near, Darien feels more and more like a fake - until he meets a girl who shows him otherwise. But when she disappears at midnight, will he ever be able to find her again?
Part-romance, part-love letter to nerd culture, and all totally adorbs, Geekerella is a fairy tale for anyone who believes in the magic of fandom.
- I didn't think I would love this book as much as I did. It was so fun!
- The story is Cinderella meets You've Got Mail at a convention! It was awesome!! I loved all the Comic Con type stuff.
- I really liked Elle. I connected with her on so many levels. I loved the moment at the convention where she felt like she was somewhere she really belonged. She was among fans! I get that way every time I go to Comic Con. Geeks unite!!
- I liked all the little connections to Cinderella. I liked that the prince wasn't a real prince, but a prince from her fandom. I liked that the food truck was called The Magic Pumpkin, ha! I like that her dress was a cosplay. All the little things were just so great.
- I really liked that Elle found a friend, and I like that her friend was kind of a loner with green hair. I also love that Elle shared Starfield with her.
- This was such a fun read! It is something I know I'll need to pick up and read over and over again.