Friday, January 27, 2023

In or Out Tag


My friend, Suey did this tag on her YouTube channel, and I thought it looked like fun, so here we go!

1. Reading the Last Page First - OUT! Don't do it!!
2. Enemies to Lovers - In
3. Dream Sequences - In, if they are done right
4. Love Triangles - Depends
5. Cracked Spines - OUT! Why would you do this!?
6. Back to My Small Town - In
7. Monsters Are Regular People - I'm not sure what this means, but sure, in.
8. No Paragraph Breaks - Out, I like them.
9. Multi-Generational Sagas - I'm torn on this. I usually don't like these books, but maybe I haven't found the right one for me. I don't know.
10. Re-Reading - IN! Yes! I love revisiting old friends.
11. Artificial Intelligence - Sure, in
12. Drop Caps - What? I don't know. Maybe?
13. Happy Endings - Duh! In!
14. Plot Points That Only Converge At the End - In
15. Detailed Magic Systems - In, but not TOO detailed
16. Classic Fantasy Races - IN!
17. Unreliable Narrators - IN!
18. Evil Protagonists - I'm with Suey on this one, I need someone to cheer for. I enjoy sympathetic antagonists, but I'm not sure if I want an evil protagonist, so out.
19. The Chosen One - Sure, why not?
20. When the Protagonist Dies - In
21. Really Long Chapters - How long? Are there paragraph breaks? Maybe
22. French Flaps - I honestly don't care
23. Deckled Edges - Out! I hate these
24. Signed Copies by the Author - IN! I love meeting authors and getting my books signed.
25. Dog-Earing Pages - OUT!! If you want to do it to your own books, fine! But don't do it to other people's books!!!!
26. Chapter Titles Instead of Numbers - I like when there is both.

Let me know which ones you agree and/or disagree with me on.
If you want to play along, consider yourself tagged.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! We need to understand the monsters are regular people better, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun! I don't have any signed copies of books, but I would love to meet authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are really blessed in Utah with all our local authors. I hope you get to meet some sometime.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you on most of these! Dog earing pages- noooo lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm out on love triangles and multi-generational sagas, but otherwise I mostly agree with you on these. fun post. :D

    ReplyDelete