Monday, January 30, 2023

The Gospel at 30,000 Feet


Author:  Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Publisher:  Deseret Book

Date Published:  January 1, 2017

Genre:  Religion, Non-Fiction, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Christian

Rating:  ⭐




My Thoughts:

-  Dieter F. Uchtdorf is a general authority in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has a deep passion for flying and served as a pilot for most of his life. He flew with the German military and a German airline. This book focuses on the parallels between principles of flying and principles of the gospel. 

-  Elder Uchtdorf is one of my favorite speakers during general conference. I have always loved his stories about flight and airplanes, and I love the way he ties them to life experiences. This was a delightful book that combined many of his stories in one place. 

-  The book was uplifting and helped me visualize things in a new way. I couldn't relate to everything he was saying, but I enjoyed it. 

-  The book is full of Elder Uchtdorf's charm, wit, and wisdom. It was a joy to read, and I loved the pictures from his piloting days.

My Thoughts in a GIF:

6 comments:

  1. Elder Uchtdorf is one of my favorite speakers, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting outlook from the skies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I learned new things about planes.

      Delete
  3. I need to read this one! Elder Uchtdorf is the best. I once saw a Valentine's meme that said, "I love you like Elder Uchtdorf loves an airplane metaphor." That's A LOT. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete