Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Divergent

Divergent (Divergent, #1)

Goodreads Synopsis:    In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.

My Thoughts:

-    I just finished this a few minutes ago, and my mind is blown!

-    Beatrice picked the worst faction!!  Why would you put people through such harsh initiations?  I understand it was necessary to the story, and Beatrice really did pick the best faction for herself, but dang! 

-    This book makes my heart race!!  I could feel my heart quicken throughout the story.  It was like reading this was a workout ;)

-    I really liked that Four and Tris were independent and strong separately and together.  They both could stand up for themselves and act for themselves.  It was nice to see that.  I'm getting tired of the relationships that involve idiot or sissy boys and whiny, needy girls.

-    As terrible as this is...I would have probably chosen Erudite.  I love knowledge and learning. I would have revolted against the evil woman, Jeanine, though too.  

-    The ending is good, but it leaves me DYING to read Insurgent!!!!!!!   The cliffhanger wasn't too bad, but it still leaves the story wide open, and the story is definitely not complete!!

-    I want to cry for Tris.  Everything that happens to her and her family in the last few chapters is heart wrenching!!!  I just want to mourn for her!


1 comment:

  1. I still haven't got to this one yet. I really need to after what I've heard about it.

    ReplyDelete