Goodreads Description: One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.
New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.
- The story picks up EXACTLY where Divergent ends.
- In her weakened state, I love that Tris isn't too proud to accept help when it's offered.
- Why does Tris push everyone away when she needs them most? It is a little frustrating!! I can't entirely blame her though, I do the same thing at times. I really feel bad for Tobias.
- I'm not really a fan of the name Tobias. When I think Tobias, I think of the never-nude from Arrested Development. You know? David Cross's character? I just don't want to associate that Tobias with this Tobias.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE the epiphany Tris has in chapter 34. She needed a good kick in the butt, and she got it!! I understand that she is dealing with some major emotional crap, and I'm sure I wouldn't act or handle it any better, but I'm glad Tris faced her problems and worked through some of them. The character development is great!!
- NEXT BOOK PLEASE!! The ending is ok, but it opens up all these new questions. I not even sure where the next book is going to go. Who is the enemy?
- This is one of the best Dystopian series out there!!