Monday, June 10, 2013

Stardust

StardustGoodreads Bit:    Hopelessly crossed in love, a boy of half-fairy parentage leaves his mundane Victorian-English village on a quest for a fallen star in the magical realm. The star proves to be an attractive woman with a hot temper, who plunges with our hero into adventures featuring witches, the lion and the unicorn, plotting elf-lords, ships that sail the sky, magical transformations, curses whose effects rebound, binding conditions with hidden loopholes and all the rest.







My Thoughts:

-    I never say this, but I think I might actually enjoy the movie more than I did the book.

-    This was pretty dry, and there wasn't a lot of emotion.

-    There was a pretty descriptive sex scene at the beginning. 

-    There was also an f-bomb.

-    The whole book felt like someone was telling me a story. It was like someone talking at you and not with you. I like to "feel" something and go on the journey with the characters. 

-    I liked some of the characters, but I just didn't connect to any of them.

-    It was a fun story, but I wanted a little more out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment