- I can't believe Anne's kids are all grown up. This series spans most of Anne's life.
- Rilla is so endearing. She is my favorite of all of Anne's kids. She reminds me a lot of Anne.
- Besides the first couple of books, this one is a favorite. The middle books are pretty slow, but this last one is great! It reminds me a lot of Anne of Green Gables. There was a bit a romance, a few shenanigans, and lots of heart.
- I love their cat, and I love that they call him Dr. Jekyll/Mr Hyde depending on his mood. Ha!
- Besides Rilla, Susan really steals the show in this story. Her opinions and events cracked me up.
- Dog Monday also stole the show. I love stories about devoted dogs. It just tugs at my heartstrings.
- I really liked that this story took place during The Great War. It was interesting to read about Rilla and everyone's life during the war. It was so hard on everyone. I can't imagine sending my kids or my brothers off to war.
- This book was the perfect ending to the series.