Thursday, June 28, 2018

Be a Wolf!

Be a Wolf! (Adventures of Wishbone, #1)Goodreads Synopsis:    Horrible monsters are taking a bite out of the kingdom! Who you gonna call!?When Joe Talbot's backpack is confiscated, Wishbone and Joe Talbot must confront a scary neighbor with a Big mean dog to get it back.

This reminds Wishbone of the old English tale Beowulf. Imagining himself as the great hero Beowulf, Wishbone must defeat a series of monsters who are ravaging the kingdom.

A lifetime of adventure takes him on a collision course with his greatest foe yet. And this time, it will take more than courage to defeat this monster. It will take a hero with four legs and the heart of a warrior!





My Thoughts:

-    When I was a kid, I LOVED Wishbone. I watched his show religiously every day. I bought all the Wishbone books I could from the book orders in school, and I've held on to all my Wishbone books.

-    I decided to share Wishbone with Gnome. We started watching episodes from Youtube, and Gnome enjoyed it. Now we've started reading my old Wishbone books. 

-    This one was really fun. I've never read Beowolf, but I might. I don't remember reading this one, and it isn't a Wishbone episode, so the story was new for me too. 

-    Gnome and I both enjoyed the book. We liked picturing Wishbone take down the monsters and doing fun things. 

-    We also enjoyed Joe's story with the scary old lady. 

-    Even after all these years, I'm still a big Wishbone fan!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I vaguely remember Wishbone. He was beyond my time but I think I remember him. I loved be that you’re sharing him with your daughter now.

    ReplyDelete