Thursday, June 14, 2018

Star Wars #41 - #45

Star Wars #41From Goodreads:    The Leviathan is heading for the remains of Jedha, prepared to pick the carcass of the once-holy planet clean. But with Luke Skywalker torn between his allegiance to the Rebellion and pursuing the path of a Jedi, who will lead the charge against the Empire?














My Thoughts:

-    The comic translates what Benthic is saying, but do all the characters understand Torgath? No one has mentioned the language barrier, and Benthic never speaks basic.

-    I wish the whole Jedi stuff on Jedha was explained. I don't understand where Luke is and why it is important.

-    Han and Leia in a speeder is awesome!

-    What was Chewie doing? What was his mission? Why aren't they explaining things?


Star Wars #42 The Ashes of Jedha, Part VGoodreads Says Again:    The Leviathan is heading for the remains of Jedha, prepared to pick the carcass of the once-holy planet clean. But with Luke Skywalker torn between his allegiance to the Rebellion and pursuing the path of a Jedi, who will lead the charge against the Empire?














My Thoughts:

-    I'm seriously thinking of switching over to the trade books. They will sit better on my shelves, and I can get larger chunks of story at once. I just don't like the idea of having individual comics and trade books. I like everything to match. Maybe someone out there would trade me. I don't know! Anyone want to buy my comics?

-    The story has turned into A New Hope. They get the plans to the giant weapon they can't hurt and find its weakness.

-    I love that Luke reflects on Jyn and the Rogue One crew, and he connects how he couldn't have destroyed the Death Star without them.

-    There are some great Han moments in this issue.


Star Wars (2015-) #43From Goodreads:    THE ASHES OF JEDHA CONCLUDES! The battle between the Empire and the Rebellion over the Kyber mines of Jedha comes to an explosive conclusion…with help coming from the most unexpected source.















My Thoughts:

-    I haven't read these in a while, so I don't remember what is going on.

-    Everything wrapped up all nice in this issue, and it was good to see Han take command.

-    The artwork is fantastic in this issue. It almost looks like photos.


Star Wars (2015-) #44Goodreads Says:    THE REBELLION NEEDS YOU! The Empire takes from all of us — our freedom, our dignity, our hopes and for some, even our lives. The Rebel Alliance fights to take back our galaxy from the forces of oppression…but we need your help! Be a part of the solution — JOIN THE REBELLION TODAY!













My Thoughts:

-    The cover looks like an old war poster.

-    The synopsis sounds like an old war ad.

-    Hooray! Admiral Ackbar is in this issue. I wish he had larger roles in the comics and books. I want to get to know him better. Maybe this is my chance!

-    Ha! I love when Han "handles" situations.

-    I'm glad they kept the same artist from the last storyline. They should just keep him around permanently.

-    This was a really fun issue. I love seeing Leia be all diplomatic and Han being Han. 


Star Wars (2015-) #45From Goodreads:    THE REBELLION NEEDS YOU! The Empire takes from all of us — our freedom, our dignity, our hopes and for some, even our lives. The Rebel Alliance fights to take back our galaxy from the forces of oppression…but we need your help! Be a part of the solution — JOIN THE REBELLION TODAY!













My Thoughts:

-    What is it with Luke and weird colored milk? Why does he like it so much?

-    OMG!! Hera and Zeb are in this issue! They are part of a crowd, and they don't say anything, but they are there!! 

-    I love the way Leia handled the shape shifter. She is awesome!

-    This was a fun issue. I like that Wedge made an appearance, and other pilots from Red Squadron got to honor the pilots they lost in the Death Star battle.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're still reading these. I just don't think comics are my thing because they're too short. Maybe, the anthologies when it's more issues would work better for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried the trade books? They cover a whole storyline.

      Delete
  2. Glad you’re enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete