Author: Julie Andrews (Emma Walton Hamilton)
Date Published: October 15, 2019
Genre: Nonfiction, Autobiography, Memoir
- The introduction of the book is a recap on Julie Andrew's first memoir, Home. I appreciated the recap. The information was vital to fully understand Julie's Hollywood years.
- I was expecting the book to be more about stories from her various films, and while there are a few stories, the book mainly focuses on Julie's personal life. She led a very busy and fulfilling home life with children, husbands, constantly moving, constantly traveling, work, etc. I'm impressed she was able to balance it all.
- I learned a lot about Julie Andrews through this book. My favorite thing that I learned is that Julie has a wicked sense of humor. Despite her very clean image, she can be a bit naughty. It made her even more endearing than she already was.
- I fully enjoyed the first half of the book, then it dragged a little for me. I felt like her life kept repeating itself for a while. It picked up again towards the end.
- Overall, I really enjoyed getting to know this lovely lady. Now I want to go watch a bunch of movies she is in that I haven't seen yet.