Title: Siege and Storm
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Series: The Grisha Trilogy #2
Date Published: June 4, 2013
Genre: YA, Fantasy
- I have mixed feelings about this book. I don't really care for the characters. Mal and Alina are driving me nuts. Their moodiness and everything is just too much. I liked Sturmhund, but I'm not sure if he can be trusted, and I don't like that Alina has a third love interest. Ugh!
- I felt like this book was a little slow. It was hard to just sit and read it, but I am invested in the story, so I pushed through.
- I love the world that the author has created. I love the conflict, the magic, the culture. She did an amazing job. I just wish I loved the characters as much.
- The ending to this book has quite a cliffhanger. Wowza! I hope the next book and the ending to the trilogy is satisfying.
- Here is a nice little trailer for your enjoyment:
First Book in the Series
(Click on the cover to see my thoughts on the book.)