Goodreads Bit: Evie's always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours.
But Evie's about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.
- The book is filled with humor. I love Evie's descriptions of the paranormals. It cracked me up every time! The Little Mermaid thing was really funny. I completely agree, and I think I might have to dedicate a blog to Ariel one day. I also like the sigh interpretations, such a teenage girl thing.
- Evie was a very believable teenage girl. I really liked her (except for the pink). She was a fun character. I felt like was reading a tv sitcom, like Sabrina the Teenage Witch or something.
- Reth reminded me of Arial from Eyes Like Stars. I like Arial much better though.
- The book is a very clean read. I was really impressed and happy about that. I loved how the characters said "bleep" in place of curse words, so funny!
- This is a very refreshing take on the paranormal genre. I liked it.
- It was like Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Hellboy meets Eyes Like Stars meets Gallagher Girls.
- The romance got a little mushy for me, and I kinda felt like "oh brother."
- The ending was good, and there wasn't a cliffhanger. There are still things left undone, but I got some closure.
- There were a few bits that were annoying, but overall it was a good/light/fun read.